In 1954, with the Chapel in need of serious repair, the Friends of the Guild Chapel was established to raise funds for restoration work. Over the next 20 years they restored the stonework, they replaced the windows in the chancel with new stained glass designed by Vernon Spreadbury and they fitted limed oak collegiate-style seating in the nave.
The surveyor of Westminster Abbey, Stephen Dykes-Bower, supervised the work. Afterwards the chapel was re-dedicated as a chapel of unity, and co-chaplains are appointed from the Anglican, non-Conformist and Catholic churches in Stratford-upon-Avon. Today, funds are still raised to improve and replace internal fittings with the Friends hosting regular recitals events – please click here to go to their website.